Search ACCU Weather Here:

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011...Storms on the Western Horizon

As I sit here on this Wednesday afternoon in mid Spring 2011, I can reflect that the past 2 months have been one strange ride in this part of the world...aka The Lower Great Lakes/West Central Ohio, the likes of which we don't see very often....1981 comes to mind, 1996 as well...both were wet, cold, and wild Springs.  My experience as a baseball broadcaster, coach, and now umpire, gives me a recall memory of seasons like this that most don't have...so here we go, with this offshoot of my regular daily blog:

http://patsdailyrant.blogspot.com/

This blog will be a daily look via photos and observations of the weather that occurs and affects our daily lives in this part of the world....

What is in store for this Wednesday 5/25/2011

Strong storms have been predicted for this week, and considering the events that shook the deep south back in April, and the Joplin, Missouri, area this past week, should give us all in this part of the country a heads up.

I awoke this morning to sunshine, even after last night storms, left the grass wet...an occurrence that has happened probably 50 times in the past 60 days...it's been that kind of spring...wet, cloudy, cold, and miserable.  Now, even though the wet continues, the heat, bugs, and humidity have made their presence known. 

So, as I begin this, my 4th blog, the storms are in the central Indiana area, and moving north and east...they will hit West Central Ohio sometime today or tonight...the question is not if, but when?  The humidity is up...the mix of clouds and sun gives today an almost summer-like feel to it...tomorrow, I will report on how it all shook out.

back then>>>>>

Photos-Top Left...are we in store for night time storms like this one I took viewed off my front porch in late July 1997?   The morning dawned with bright sunshine today, but the fierce storms that have plagued the western half of the Midwest were heading our way as of 8am....

No comments:

Post a Comment